Many people say that they are making New Year’s Resolutions, but we tend to break those because we cannot keep the sometimes unrealistic goals we set for ourselves. I prefer the term New Year’s Intentions because they are something that I intend to do.
- I intend to be writing at least four times a week in 2013.
- I intend to be better with self-care in 2013 so that I can care for my family.
- I intend to not let people who judge me based on my beliefs to get on my nerves.
- I intend to drop at least 20 pounds by the end of the year (that’s about 1.5 pounds a month)
- I intend to get more sun to help keep depression away during the winter.
- I intend to speak up when something bothers me
I realize that I will not always keep these intentions, but having them written down will certainly help put them into my mind…..