Mira my darling daughter, this is a survey/blog meme I found after someone else did it, and I figured I’d do it, as I’m finding myself emerging from a rut and just kind of wandering around, still occasionally distracted by shiny things, because the rut may have been boring, but outside of it is all open and scary at times. I figured that at some point you would want to know more about the beliefs I have and HOPE you will come to share when you are older.
This is in effect a labor of love because I hope to explain some of what I think and feel so that other people might be able to understand just a little bit better. I’m hoping that this will lead me to be able to continue my writing on a daily basis the way I was doing with the Delphic Maxims.
For those who want to try this for themselves, basically, the collection of questions/prompts can be adjusted to fit a person’s own path (I’ve changed “magic” to “divination” or “ritual” here and there, for example) and so if you’re pagan, Hindu, or whatever else — or hell, if you’re a Catholic who’s a big saint groupie (I knew a few of those types), feel free to swipe and adjust for yourself.
0. Intro to meme
1. Beliefs – Why Hellenismos?
2. Beliefs – Cosmology
3. Beliefs – Deities
4. Beliefs – Birth, death and rebirth
5. Beliefs – Sacred sexuality
6. Beliefs – Divination, mysticism and various woo shit
7. Beliefs – The power of prayer/reciprocity
8. Beliefs – Festivals
10. Patrons – Hestia
11. Patrons – Hera
12. Pantheon – Poseidon
13. Pantheon – Haides
14. Pantheon – Zeus
15. Pantheon – Everyone Else
16. Nature spirits, Khthonoi, & The Dead
17. My ways of worship
19. Hellenismos and my family/friends
20. Hellenismos and my love life
21. Other paths I’ve explored
22. Hellenismos and major life events
24. Personal aesthetics and Hellenismos
25. Favoured ritual tools, and why
26. Any “secular” pastimes with religious significance, and why
27. How your faith has helped you in difficult times
28. One misconception about Hellenismos you’d like to clear up
29. The future of Hellenismos
30. Advice for seekers